09 February 2010

Iron Warriors – part 4

 

More Iron Warriors from the vaults. This Lord/Champion models was one of those random conversions – the miniature was a new release Veteran, and I just thought I really want to paint that. He was intended to be an HQ choice for a Lost & Damned Iron Warrior support army (that didn't get past 3 figures).


 Then there was the case of the Iron Warrior bodyguard unit. Built to accompany my Lord before he ascended to daemonhood. Unfortunately they never got used except for Apocalypse-sized games where we didn't really care about points – just bring all your models.


 That's just about it for the Iron Warriors now, although I may show a pic or two of my IW Forgeworld Baneblade, but to be honest it was painted very quickly the night before one of the aforementioned 'anything goes' games. We'll see.


3 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I love the Lord/Champion chap - it's such a shame they discontinued that veteran model - I have one in my Crimson Fists army. The bodyguards look great too - nice conversions all round, and I like the muted colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh - I hadn't clocked on to the fact that they discontinued this model...gutted.. though now you mention it I haven't seen it around recently. I do have one sitting in my bitz box brand new, so his value just skyrocketed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Andy, the Veteran looks awesome, and it does seem a shame they discontinue some of the better looking models.

    Loving the Wielding of a flange mace and fury cloak. :-D

    -Draz.

    ReplyDelete