10 February 2014

A Visit To Harry Potter…


On Saturday my wife and I took my mum to the Warner Bros Studio Tour at Leavesden to visit the sets of the Harry Potter films.

I have to say that, whilst I enjoy the films, I wouldn't consider myself a Harry Potter fan per se. I do have to admit though that, despite the price, it was a very worthwhile visit and one all three of us thoroughly enjoyed. Being a designer and hobbyist I was particularly fascinated with a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, especially the scale models.


I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who intends to visit but I have added a few photos below – a fraction of the 200+ I took while we were there.


























This last photo is of the scale model of Hogwarts and was breathtaking. It took 86 people 7 months to build and is by far the coolest piece of terrain ever! The footprint of the model was bigger than our house and the level of detail was stunning.

Normal service will now be resumed!




11 comments:

  1. This is very cool. My son has just started to get interested in Harry Potter ( aged 5 ) so something like this would be cool to take him to! Will have to check it out now!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool indeed.

      A word of warning though. We were in there for just over 3 hours, which is the recommended time and during the latter third of the tour (which ironically was my favourite bit) a lot of kids visiting were visibly bored and restless. If your boy has the interest and the stamina I would definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  2. The big question is - were you able to select a wand - or indeed - did a wand select you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did indeed have replicas of the wands pictured above in the shop – seemed decent quality but at £25 each I decided to pass.

      Now if they had been lightsabers…

      Delete
  3. I bet that's a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, great photos, especially for those of us on the other side of the world :-) who aren't likely to ever get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case I may add some more later in the week :)

      Delete